Saturday, October 18, 2008

Sachin Tendulkar Breaks Lara's Record Photo Gallery











Sachin Tendulkar Breaks Lara's Record

Sachin Tendulkar has proved to the world once again that he is the undisputed maestro of cricket - he broke Brian Lara's record of scoring the highest number of runs in Test matches.

Tendulkar overtook Lara's 11,953 mark and went on to become the first man to pass 12,000...this was his 151st Test.

In the second Test against Australia in Mohali Tendulkar, with Ganguly at his side steadied the Indian boat brought glory and fame as he flicked a Peter Siddle delivery and crossed the milestone. He took his helmet and raised his bat to acknowledge the applauding crowd.

"It's definitely the biggest milestone," he said, "because it's taken me 19 years to get - it's not something that can happen overnight.

"The journey has been fantastic. There have been ups and downs. So many times there have been stones thrown and you have to turn them into milestones.

"I knew I was 14 runs short [when Friday's innings started]. I have just been trying to focus on the game but whoever I see in front of me they have an opportunity to remind me.

"I decided to keep it simple and keep watching the ball."

Even better news - Tendulkar isn't really planning to retire soon.

"As long as I'm enjoying it I will play. I don't need X, Y or Z to tell me when I should stop or continue. When I started playing nobody told me that. So nobody need to tell me now either," he added